Sixth Pay Commission – Pay Scales Released
Posted by Irus on March 21, 2008
Please visit our new website http://surispace.net for answers to pay commission queries
Updated 25th March 2008:-
Comparing fifth and sixth Pay Commission reports.
Some Observations :-
- Fifth CPC terminology of “Basic Pay” is comparable to Sixth CPC terminology of “Total Pay”.
- All previous pay commissions taken on average had given an increase of 3.3 times for basic pays.
- Sixth Pay commission has raised Basic/Total Pay 2.5 times on average and is lagging behind the previous pay commissions by 25% approximately.
- However allowances have been increased e.g. TA and Children education etc. quantum of increase being more than previous pay commissions.
- On the whole legitimate needs of employees have been met like Finance Minister stated during budget but it is far from being a Bonanza!
- What do you think does this CPC fulfill your expectations?
The full-text of the report has been released and put up on the web site of Sixth Central Pay Commission. Here are the links:
- Report of the Sixth Central Pay Commission (Chapter Wise) ; Full Report (zipped file)
- Annexes to the Report of the Sixth Central Pay Commission ; All annexes (zipped file)
- Reports of the three studies conducted by SCPC
Here are some interesting write ups on Pay commission
and finally studies on which CPC recommendations are based